This role is the expert-in-residence for the specialist skill that defines the company.
Projects vary widely, from short- to very long term, from consumer- to business facing and from browser based to installations and other formats; you will be expected to provide subject matter support to developers working on all of these.
Your primary responsibility will be to work on and often lead individual projects as a hands on developer, but you should also be interested in improving the output of the studio as a whole, and in helping other team members build their knowledge.
You will be expected to:
- Lead individual projects from a creative coding perspective, ensuring the quality bar is kept high
- Provide best practice approaches to specific projects in conjunction with the development team
- Guide and teach junior team members
- Help develop processes and maintain tools and libraries across the studio in conjunction with the team
You must have:
- 6 years industry experience coding performant, experience-driven projects, with at least some studio or agency experience
- Expert knowledge of WebGL, complex SVG builds or multimedia projects
- Experience choosing and evaluating different frameworks and approaches, with a good idea of the pros and cons of such decisions
- Experience working in a cross-disciplinary environment, collaborating with other practitioners to deliver the best end result
Ideally you’ll also:
- Have experience in a lead role, mentoring other developers
- Be comfortable talking to project stakeholders and clients who may not be technical
- Have a good working knowledge of at least one server-side technology, preferably Node or Python, or of CSS
- Have some experience working with teams including remote workers, with ideas on how to get the best from teams like this
- Have some experience talking or writing about your work